Watermarking photos crashes on iphone

07-16-2019 06:03 PM
ChrisRoberts2
Occasional Contributor III

I just been testing the watermarking, its working a treat on an ipad 6th Gen, but on my iphone 6 plus as soon as I take a photo it says "capturing photo" then the app crashes out.  I currently have two forms that I applied watermarking to, one just uses a couple of fields collected on the form, and the other watermarks the compass bearing...both crash on the iPhone.

This is not happening on surveys that don't have watermarking enabled. Both are devices are iOS 12.3.1 and there is about 1.5 gb of free space on the iphone. 

I have restarted the iphone a couple of times and uninstalled and reinstalled Survey123 to no avail.  Any thoughts?

Cheers, Chris

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChrisRoberts2
Occasional Contributor III

Ok..I am not sure why but...

I published the Watermark Sample template as a test and that worked fine on my phone.  The only real difference I could see between that and my current forms was that the Appearance of the photo groups were set to field-list.  So I did set eh same on my forms I question and...now they work!  I can take a photo and it doesn't crash and applies the watermark.

I am not sure why setting the appearance should make a difference?

0 Kudos