Viewing Survey123 form on Web-Pale blue "wrapper"?

Jump to solution
07-31-2018 01:05 PM
neiden
by
New Contributor III

I just published a survey from ArcGIS Connect that will be accessed by the public via a web form. In connect, I matched my survey to my agency's style guide (background color, text color, etc.) and was happy with the results. However, the survey is "wrapped" in a pale blue color...how can I fix this? It's important that this be branded according to agency guidelines and be more seamless to our public.

Just spent the last hour exploring every setting, etc. to no avail...where is this pale blue background coming from and how can it be changed? Anyone else run into this??

Thanks!

Nikki  

Tags (1)
30 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Javier,

That setting is webformInfo.themes[0].form.primaryColor

0 Kudos
SamBark
New Contributor

Hi James, I was looking to edit the colour of the 'upload image' box as currently it is transparent and not visible until you hover over it. Where would I look to either change the transparency/colour of this section or remove the hover mouse functionality? Many thanks, Sam 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Sam,

The background color can't be changed, but the text and icon color can be - it's the 'Component Color' setting.

0 Kudos
neiden
by
New Contributor III

James - thank you! Worked like a charm! Now that I know about the info file, I might become dangerous 🙂 ...just didn't think/know to poke around there. Cheers! ~Nikki 

0 Kudos
joerodmey
MVP Alum

Worked great. Thanks!

0 Kudos
FranciscoAndrade1
Occasional Contributor

Is it still possible to apply this setting?

If so I might be doing something wrong attached is my .info file and below is a screen shot of my survey.

I would like to make the background white.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Francisco,

The format has changed slightly, as the settings were revised to store multiple themes.
See below for the update, note the change of theme from object to array and the isEnabled property:

"webformInfo": {
        "themes": [
            {
                "isEnabled": true,
                "webpage": {
                    "backgroundColor": "#FFFF00"
                }
            }
        ]
    }

ed. (Apr. 8, 2019) - revised to reflect change of themes from object to array

HannahSturm
New Contributor III

Hi @James Tedrick,

I am wanting to do the same thing of change the background color from the mint green to grey. I used the above code and placed it before the displayInfo, published the survey and that code disappeared. I then place the above code below the serviceInfo, published the survey, same thing, the code disappeared. How do I get the code to say when I publish the survey? I am using Survey123 Connect version 3.3.51.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Hannah,

You need to edit the .info file while Survey123 Connect does not have the form open - when it is previewing the form, it prevents other programs from modifying the files.

HannahSturm
New Contributor III

Awesome it worked. Thank you so much!