Utilizing Arcade Expressions in Report Template

01-30-2018 12:32 PM
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

Can arcade expressions be utilized in the report template for survey123? I mainly want to utilize the IIF(IsEmpty($feature.fieldName), '', $feature.fieldName) so if the field is empty do not show it in the report. I have many sub-categories in my survey and those fields will be empty depending on their parent question....

If Arcade expressions are allowed in this report template is another way to accomplish this task?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Joe,

Currently there isn't a mechanism to show/hide sections of a report template.  We do plan on supporting it in the future, though the mechanism will probably not be via Arcade expressions.

Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

Ok cool I look forward to this new feature, the report is utilizing xls formating correct? cant this already be done by somthing simular below?

IF($feature<>"","$feature","")
0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Joe,

While the basic format in some respects looks like the XLSform, it isn't quite the same engine as that either.  most likely, visibility will be implemented similar to how specifying a repeating section works - the {#REPEAT_NAME} actually includes a check to see that there is an array of values before starting the repeat.

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Can you do any calculations in the Print Template?  Or does any calc need to be in the form first?  Mainly I want to do math across a repeat.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Doug,

Calculations inside the template are not supported- they would need to calculated in the form.

0 Kudos
ClaireInbody1
Occasional Contributor

Has this been implemented yet?

0 Kudos