Using integromat with Survey123

Jump to solution
03-08-2021 10:16 AM
DavidForbuss1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi I'm setting up some notifications using integromat, and I was wondering if there was a way to pass the original submitter's email address to subsequent edits of the survey from the inbox.  Here's my current setup:

orignal survey submitted(case opened)>>integromat uses the currently logged in email address to cc the submitter for record keeping (in addition to a static list of emails):

DavidForbuss1_0-1615226488310.png

Then I send out response emails once the survey is edited (case closed).  The problem is the the response is cc-ing the currently logged in responder, not the original submitter.  Does anyone know if there is a way to pass that orginal person's email address to the response outgoing so  they get confirmation that their submission was responded to?  Is there a way to store that from the choice list/select one option?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. The userinfo object in the payload gives you info about the logged in user that submits the form (add or edit event). In your case, since the event triggering your workflow is an edit operation, the userInfo refers to the person that made the edit, as opposed to the person that originally created the row.  If you would like to notify the person that created the record, you will need to somehow store the email of that person as an attribute. This could be done with an Integromat workflow: You create a flow triggered by the add event. In that flow you get the mail from the userInfo and persist it in an attribute making an updateFeatures call to the survey layer.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. The userinfo object in the payload gives you info about the logged in user that submits the form (add or edit event). In your case, since the event triggering your workflow is an edit operation, the userInfo refers to the person that made the edit, as opposed to the person that originally created the row.  If you would like to notify the person that created the record, you will need to somehow store the email of that person as an attribute. This could be done with an Integromat workflow: You create a flow triggered by the add event. In that flow you get the mail from the userInfo and persist it in an attribute making an updateFeatures call to the survey layer.

DavidForbuss1
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for the quick response Ismael!  I ended up adding a field to my form like you said and it's working now 🙂  The original submitter has to put in their address, and then I pass that onto just the "case closed" route.

DavidForbuss1_0-1615315093553.png

DavidForbuss1_1-1615315183814.png

0 Kudos