Using an SQL Enterprise Geodatabase with Survey123

09-09-2019 03:16 AM
BenjaminSperry1
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I would like to use an SQL Enterprise Geo database registered with the Enterpise Server as the data source behind a Survey123 form.

When I try to do this I get an error message that my database needs a non-nullable unique identifier in order to be used with Survey123. How do I set up my database to include this? I created a GUID field in my feature but I guess it has to be something more than that.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarisaClaggett
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Benjamin,

All of the information you need to prepare a service to be used with Survey123 can be found here.  According to our documentation, if you plan to edit your surveys, ensure that either your feature service allows null values or your survey uses required fields. Survey123 uses null values in editing when an answer is deleted and is not replaced; consequently, Survey123 will not submit a survey from a feature service that doesn't permit null values.

Use Survey123 with existing feature services—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Hope this helps!

Best,

Marisa

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Benjamin,

To amplify on Marisa's comment, make sure that GlobalIds have been enabled on the feature classes and if you use attachments, the relationships are based on GlobalIds.  A GlobalId is a system-recognized GUID for the purposes of providing a unique identifier for a row (there are other contexts in which you can use a guid that will not be unique for a given row - for example, identifying another record in a 1:M or M:N relationship).

0 Kudos