username and geopoint not updating when using inbox

Jump to solution
04-29-2021 04:03 AM
BarryKeight
New Contributor III

Hello, I have created my first survey using Survey123 connect and it uses a prepopulated data from a hosted feature layer and also has the option to add new data from the survey. When I add a new item the geopoint and username are correct and the information adds ok. However when I use the inbox to pull back a previous item that needs updating it does not update either username or location. All other entries are made manually these are the only 2 I need to have update from the device.

What do I need to do to make the survey automatically update these options rather than just display the previous value?

TIA.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @BarryKeight  This is expected. When a record is fetched from the Inbox, the Survey123 stops all calculations or otherwise the data you already have would be overwritten.  The app will not prevent you from manually recalculating values.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @BarryKeight  This is expected. When a record is fetched from the Inbox, the Survey123 stops all calculations or otherwise the data you already have would be overwritten.  The app will not prevent you from manually recalculating values.

BarryKeight
New Contributor III

Thank you @IsmaelChivite  for the clarification. Is there an alternative approach for achieving my goal without using inbox. I'm using a QR code to scan items which will reference data from a hosted Feature layer which needs to populate the survey. The only 2 items that require updating are the location and username.

0 Kudos