user defined tpk default basemap

Jump to solution
07-26-2021 01:32 AM
Polesig
New Contributor III

Hi,

Our users need to collect data on Survey123 without mobile data connection. They need to have a basemap so that they ensure that the geopoint location is good (and not far away due to terminal GPS temporary mispositionning).

I would like to give them the opportunity of creating their own offline basemaps, because their collect area is wide, and it would be big data to store with the survey. I saw it was advised to create multiple forms but the collect area is so wide it would also be difficult.

I advised them to use TilePackage Kreator and copy the tpk on their terminal to use it on the field. The problem is that the tpk is not defined by default on the geopoint question, so they have to select it each and every time they collect a point.

Would it be possible for them, after creating a tpk and loading it on the terminal, to define it as the default basemap for the survey ?

Is there any other way for them to handle this operation ?

Should I post this as a Survey123 Idea ?

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Polesig,

If the users are creating their own TPKs and loading to the device, it is currently not possible to set the TPK as default for the survey at the application level, but it can be done at the survey level when publishing. If the TPK name as always the same, and you set that TPK in the survey settings as the default, it will be selected as default when the survye is opened, provided it exists on the device.

Another thing to note is that the basemap selection for a  map (geopoint/geosphape/geotrace) question is saved on a per user per survey basis for each map question. So once you have gone into the map question the first time, change the basemap via the chooser from the survey default to the local TPK offline map, the next time you take another survey or go back into the map question for the same survey, the same basemap (TPK) will be selected by default. 

Hope this helps,

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Polesig,

If the users are creating their own TPKs and loading to the device, it is currently not possible to set the TPK as default for the survey at the application level, but it can be done at the survey level when publishing. If the TPK name as always the same, and you set that TPK in the survey settings as the default, it will be selected as default when the survye is opened, provided it exists on the device.

Another thing to note is that the basemap selection for a  map (geopoint/geosphape/geotrace) question is saved on a per user per survey basis for each map question. So once you have gone into the map question the first time, change the basemap via the chooser from the survey default to the local TPK offline map, the next time you take another survey or go back into the map question for the same survey, the same basemap (TPK) will be selected by default. 

Hope this helps,

Phil.

0 Kudos