Use a Address Locator in a field to plot a point

11-13-2020 07:35 AM
LindseyStone
Occasional Contributor III

I have created a survey through the web version that has an address text field and a map.  The goal was for the end user (citizens) to enter their address in the address text field and then use their gps in the phones to find their current location or type the address in the address bar of the map. But we are running into several issues.

First we found a bug if there is a default point set in it doesn't require them to tap the map.  The other problem is people are not submitting the survey from the location of issue, but on the road or at work.

I was wondering if I can set the Address field to pull from my address locator instead of just a simple text box and then it automatically fills in the maps location for it to plot the point?  That way we are not relying on the Citizens to correctly use the map as we have come to find out that not all do.

Here is our survey https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/6ac129cf4a254b1a9ca44d0fff0e7222

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lindsey,

The map widget on the form does have a place search box where someone can type their address.  

We have heard from many users, though, that they want to input the address, without necessarily having the map option to set location.  We are just about to introduce this as a beta feature - please keep an eye on the Survey123 Early Adopter Community!

0 Kudos
LindseyStone
Occasional Contributor III

Yes it does and I even have a tip that says if you are not at the location of the issue to type in your address if you are not at the location, but nobody reads that and just allows it to submit by GPS.  So you can't set the map to make it required to type the location in the search instead of using the GPS on their device?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

Yes, currently text entry can't be made required.  As I mentioned above, we are about to introduce in the Early Adopter Community (beta testing) a new input method for locations in Survey123 that I believe may meet what you are looking for.

0 Kudos
NeelimaBalivada
New Contributor II

Hi James, 

Is there a way to input the address through a text field and see the exact location on web map?

Regards, 

Neelima. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos