Urgent - Submission error with attachments only

06-06-2022 08:42 AM
KerryKang
Occasional Contributor II

Good morning, 

We have a reporting form that accepts attachments, and noticed there is an error message coming up when users try to submit it with attachments.

" Invalid object name user_12818.service_itemID_surveyName__ATTA"

Submission works fine without attachments though. Since the survey was published, there was no major change other than adding couple of fields. 

Thank you.

Kerry

KerryKang_0-1654529875040.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
KerryKang

I also noticed all the previous attachments are gone, but it's still 'attachment enabled'. 

0 Kudos
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

@KerryKang, noting your emphasis on urgency, please feel encouraged to reach out to our friendly Support Team directly for assistance via our Contact Us page. 

All the best,

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
0 Kudos
KerryKang

Thank you. I've contacted to the support. 

Kerry

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi.  With that error message you see, it is likely that attachments in the layer have been disabled. When attachments are disabled in a layer with attachments, all attachments are lost. Survey123 shows that error message when attempting to send an attachment on a layer with attachments disabled.

Double check your layer to make sure attachments are enabled. If you are using a hosted feature layer view, check the view too.

KerryKang

Thank you @IsmaelChivite 

Something seemed broken in the feature layer actually. This is what I've observed:

- Enable Attachment is on (parent layers as well as view layers).

- All existing attachments were disappeared.

- Manual attachment upload from the data table (item details) does not work (it says not supported).

I am currently talking with the local support and hopefully can find the cause of the error.

Kerry

0 Kudos
MattMulder
New Contributor III

Hi Kerry,

I'm having the exact same issue - were you able to get this resolved?

0 Kudos