Updating Surveys and Hosted Feature Service Layer

01-11-2018 10:10 AM
JoshHabel
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I have a published survey created in Survey123 Connect that has its feature service layer tied to a webmap, dashboard and a web app.  Is there a way to make changes to the survey without having to rebuild my webmap, dashboard, and web app.  I am new to using Survey and have not quite perfected what i want on of my forms.  On several occasions now i've needed to add questions or make other tweaks to the survey form that have not allowed me to republish the survey through Connect.  Each time i have had to delete my feature service layer to publish which breaks my webmap, dashboard, and web app.  This is extremely frustrating and takes considerable time to get things back to where i want them.  It seems like there would be an easier way to do this.  Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Josh

0 Kudos
14 Replies
JoshHabel

Okay I tried that and when I republished it got stuck in the same place. It did restore the original view that I had deleted but did not update the form.

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

What does the initial dialogue look like when you attempt to publish from Survey123 Connect?

As a test, can you please try to simply republish the survey using Survey123 Connect without making any schema changes?  This will tell us whether the issue is related to your proposed changes, or just the republishing at large.

0 Kudos
JoshHabel

[cid:image004.jpg@01D38BAF.4148BCE0]

0 Kudos
JoshHabel

Okay,

I tried to republish with ought the changes and it still got hung up.

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for that information, Josh.

I have sent you a message through GeoNet asking for some additional information.  Please check your inbox and reply at you convenience.

Brandon

0 Kudos