Updating Public Survey Causes Unpacking Failure

Jump to solution
02-06-2021 04:47 AM
JoshHabel
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I am having a issue with 2 public surveys.  These were both created using Connect and were working perfectly fine last week.  Yesterday I made slight updates to a domain choice field and republished using Connect Vs 3.11.124.  Now both of them are causing unpacking issues when the user tries to update on the field app.  The survey appears to download but seems to get stuck in a endless loop while trying to unpack.  I have tested this on a android phone, ipad, and windows laptop with the exact same results. Its a no go for the field user if you try to update the survey. From other posts it seems this may not be a new issues, has anyone had success fixing this problem???  Here are things i've tried so far.  I first tried updating the form to the latest version and republishing but this also did not resolve it.  Next I tried rolling back all my changes including the form update but that did not fix it either.

Josh

0 Kudos
18 Replies
afana1972
New Contributor II

Hi @Anonymous User , 

I have managed to download the latest Beta version of Survey123 connect from the link you've provided. I have built a testing survey from scratch with just 2 simple questions. I have published the survey and shared it as Public and sent it to myself and a couple of colleagues but we still get the same problem. We also reinstalled survey123 on our mobiles but the problem persist. 

I have a one-to-one chat with one of ESRI support at UK and he advise it could be a bug related to Portal users. It would be good if you can replicate the survey with Portal users only. 

many thanks.

Ashraf, 

afana1972
New Contributor II

Hi All/ @Anonymous User @JoshHabel @DBDavis @elpinguino,

ESRI USA/UK has sorted out this problem for my enterprise by changing the configuration of the security in our enterprise account (Managed Service). More concretely, in our managed service settings, the anonymous access was disabled, which by default won't allow anonymous users to use any service that is generated by our enterprise configuration. As soon as we changed the settings, the public survey123 is back and working. 

many thanks to you all. 

Ashraf, 

DBDavis
New Contributor II

I got around this issue. I do not remember/am not sure what it was particularly, but I made sure the feature layer in AGOL was editable, and the form_id and submission_url were correct. 

elpinguino
Occasional Contributor III

@Anonymous User, what's the most stable version of S123 we should be using...?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @elpinguino,

The current release of Survey123 Connect and field app is 3.12. Please use this for production surveys. We also have 3.13 available from the Early Adopter Community for beta testing.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
elpinguino
Occasional Contributor III

Just in case anyone else gets an error unpacking message and is new to S123 (which I am), double check you are using the ID of the published S123 form in AGOL, not the feature layer (hosted) ID or the ID under submission_url in Survey 123 connect. I got caught up on this for hours...

BC4
by
New Contributor

I am having this problem as well. I tried the 3.13 build of Survey123 and it made no difference. For the folks that solved this problem, can you be more specific what solved this problem? I am trying to open up a Survey 123 Connect form in Survey 123 iOS app using a url with parameters from Field Maps on an iPhone.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @BC4,

Did you ensure you are using the ID of the published S123 form in AGOL for the link in URL parameter, not the feature layer (hosted) ID or the ID under submission_url in Survey123 Connect?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
BC4
by
New Contributor

Hi Phil, I am using the the ID of the published S123 form in AGOL

0 Kudos