Updating existing Collector feature layer using Survey 123

11-15-2019 08:07 AM
TahirTamba1
New Contributor III

Hi there,

My Fieldworkers collected data using Collector for ArcGIS and we planed to use those existing points locations data to updated the existing one in Collector by adding only a couple of attribute columns. Is there any workflow process allowing me to achieve this.

Regards,

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Tahir,

I'm not sure if I'm interpreting this correctly, but it sounds like you want to use Survey123 in order update attribute values in a feature layer that was initially created using Collector.  You might want to take a look at the following documentation which outlines how you can work with existing feature services in Survey123.  Use Survey123 with existing feature services—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

You can create a survey using the same feature service that was used in Collector, and then enable the Inbox for editing the existing record.  If looking to add fields that do not already exist, you'll want to first add the fields in ArcGIS Online and then follow-up by adding them in the XLSForm of your survey.

Let us know if you have followup questions.

- Brandon

TahirTamba1
New Contributor III

Hi Brandon,

That's exactly the answer I was looking for.
You pointed me to the right resource.
Thank you very much, I will follow the procedure and create my form from the entity layer.

Regards,