Updating choices for already published service does not update domain in AGOL

09-04-2019 11:59 AM
Natalie_Campos
New Contributor III

I have a previously published form (AGOL). I have added a new choice value to the form.  After republishing to include the new choice, I can see the newly added choice in my form but not in the domain associated with that specific field.  This means that any dashboards or web apps that query the feature service will not automatically show the newly added choice as a possible value for the filter/query.  This is different from previous functionality.  Previously when I added a new choice, the value was added to the domain and showed up within in the filter/query of my Ops Dash/ WAB apps without any intervention from me. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

You will need to sign into ArcGIS Online and complete the following -

1. Find the Hosted Feature Service that was created when you posted the survey
    1. Use the one that is just the (hosted) and not (hosted, view)
  2. Go into the Hosted Feature Service Details page
  3. Click on the Data tab
  4. Then click on the appropriate item (feature class or related table/feature) within the Layer dialog on the left-hand side under the name of the hosted feature service
  5. Then click on the "Fields" button on the right-hand side under "Settings"
  6. Find the field/question that you updated the choices for and click on the name
  7. Then you will need to click on the edit button across from the "List of Values (Domain)"
  8. From here you can enter in the new choices.

Cheers!

Mike

0 Kudos
Natalie_Campos
New Contributor III

Thanks Mike.  I can do that.  But I never had to do that previously.   Was there a change?

0 Kudos