I have a survey in Survey123, I added a field to the Feature Layer associated with that survey that's not one of the survey questions. I'm trying to update the value of the field using set_value(field_name, value). The method is returning true, yet the new value isn't actually getting updated when I check in AGOL.
lyr = FeatureLayer(url, gis)
rows = lyr.query(where clause)
for row in rows.features:
status = row.set_value("field name", "field value")
status will be True, yet the new value isn't sticking
For those who may come across this thread in the future, the "set_value" method changes the value in memory. To then make the edit permanent, you pass in the Feature object to lyr.update_features() or lyr.edit_features().