Update survey schema propogate to stakeholder and fieldworker

06-11-2019 02:21 PM
JasonCarter1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I updated the schema of a survey and republished the changes. I noticed that the fields only changed in the hosted feature layer and not the stakeholder or fieldworker layers. Is this behavior expected? What is the best way to update all three layers so everything is synced? 

Thank you

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jason,

Did you make the changes in Survey123 Connect or the Survey123 website?

0 Kudos
JasonCarter1
New Contributor III

I made the changes in Connect. I cannot access the Survey123 website through my organizations portal. When I click on Apps, and launch the Survey123 website and log in with my enterprise credentials I receive the attached error. I'm not attempting to access a specific survey, just the website landing page. 

an error

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did it maybe create a all new Feature service on you?  If it is a big enough change it will remake it.  This causes the itemid to change.  Your _stakeholders are views may still be pointing to the original feature service.  Turn on sharing again and see if new _stakeholder view appears.

Just a guess.

0 Kudos
ElisabeteTeixeira
New Contributor

Hi,

I did the same thing, I create an new choice of answer to the question in survey 123, but I noticed that the fields only changed in the form, and not in the stakeholder or fieldworker layers. I tried to making a new sharing but nothing change. 

How can I have this updates synced in the others layers (stakeholder and fieldworker)?

Thank you

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Elisabete,

When was this form originally published?  There was an issue with updating the views after a feature service change, but that should have been addressed with the UC release in the web designer.

0 Kudos
ElisabeteTeixeira
New Contributor

Hi, James,

Thank you so much for your answer,

we published the survey in 10/9/19. And today we tried again to make some

changings in survey, as you can see the form is update, but the others no.

There is a solution for this problem?

James Tedrick <geonet@esri.com> escreveu no dia quinta, 12/09/2019 à(s)

18:41:

GeoNet, The Esri Community | GIS and Geospatial Professional Community

<https://community.esri.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: Update survey schema propogate to stakeholder and fieldworker

reply from James Tedrick

<https://community.esri.com/people/JTedrick-esristaff?et=watches.email.thread>

in Survey123 for ArcGIS - View the full discussion

<https://community.esri.com/message/877543-re-update-survey-schema-propogate-to-stakeholder-and-fieldworker?commentID=877543&et=watches.email.thread#comment-877543>

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Elisabete,

For teh stakeholder layer, deleting and re-sharing for viewing will correct the issue. It doesn't look like this form has a fieldworker view, correct?

0 Kudos