Update List of values on survey xls and feature layer

08-02-2019 06:35 AM
JeffEisman
New Contributor III

What is the best practice or workflow to update/add to dropdown list values in Survey123.  I updated them in the xls form and republished the survey. Those update show on the field app but not on the feature service. I know can edit the list of values on the feature layer data tab, but is updating both separately the best solution?

Other than know all the choices form the creation of the survey, what is the best way to make sure these are in both? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jeff,

Please see a similar post related to your question:

https://community.esri.com/message/679854-re-republished-choice-updates-do-not-appear-in-feature-lay...

I also added your comment into our existing backlog to higher the priority of the issue fix.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Besides, you could use survey123 website to create drop down list question, and this will create a domain list in feature service and will be updated when you add new choice and re-publish.

0 Kudos
JeffEisman
New Contributor III

This is helpful Thanks

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @JeffEisman,

Just wanted to let you know with the upcoming 3.16 October Release of Survey123 we have made improvements to the Connect publishing workflow with regards to domains and choice lists. You can check out the latest announcement, documentation and test out the latest 3.16 beta builds via the Early Adopter Community to get early access to these builds and the new Connect publishing workflows. You feedback on these improvements would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos