Unexpected error had occurred when creating the package.

06-15-2017 08:47 AM
AlexCarrier
New Contributor II

I am trying to create a tile package of part of a county in Florida. I have created a couple of different tpk's of other areas using the same method, however this time I am getting this error message:

All of my data is in Web Mercator. To create this tpk I am going to File > Share As > Tile Package. My zoom level is set to 20, tile format PNG. I am trying to create this tpk for Survery123. Any suggestions on what settings to check? Thanks in advance! 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alex,

Unfortunately, the error you are getting is very generic.  One thing I would check is that the destination disk for the TPK has enough free space to store the TPK.  I might also suggest using the geoprocessing tool rather than the Share As- it might give you a better error message if it can't generate the TPK.

WilliamWang
Occasional Contributor

Good day James,

I ran into similar problem as Alex and I took your advice to run the creation via GP tool.

This is the message I got.

I am running on 10.41 standard AM license.

In my mxd, I have a MrSID layer. I also saw this post which was also initiated by Alex. I am wondering if this is what you were referring to. My alternative is to create a TPK from a raster dataset which worked but the file size was 17Gig vs 5 Gig MrSID layer. Public safety is my primary consumer for the TPK. Appreciate any pointers. Thanks.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi William,

A couple of things will present problems:

- A TPK re-rasterizes the imagery into PNG/JPG; a MrSID doesn't provide any storage benefits and isn't supported

- There are a couple of issues with large TPKs

- Because we support 32-bit operating systems, Survey123 can't use a TPK larger than ~2GB

- Many Android phones may not support SD cards that allow for files larger than 4GB