Unable to retrieve data from custom URL from Collector into Survey 123 for Windows

02-08-2018 06:22 PM
Sardar_FaisalAbbas
New Contributor II

We have a webmap with a URL link to Survery123 app. When the user clicks the link, the Windows Collector app takes the user to the Windows based Survery123 app; but it's doesn't auto-fill all the data fields.
This process is working fine when using Collector and Survery123 in Android, as its able to pull through for all the fields in Android, but for some reason Windows version just isn’t pulling the information correctly. It misses dates, checkboxes and numbers. The only data it is pulling in is string/text. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you share an example of the Applink?
I have set up and applink that provides a number and choice list, and it is working.

My applink defined in the pop-up looks like this.

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=4560a3c533eb41fcb79fa3ec473babc8&field:TRAILNAME={TRAIL_NAME}&field:MAINTENANCE={MAINT_BY}&field:NUMBERT={FEATURE_CO}&field:CHOICE={Asset_Type}

0 Kudos
Sardar_FaisalAbbas
New Contributor II

Thank you for replying Mark.

I tried your URL and tested it. This is what I get:

Can it be because of the Survey 123 or Collector version ? 

I am using Collection 17.0.3.0, and Survery 123 is version 2.6.7.

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Try this map - http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=8f654bb30497452ba8130cbfcb6bb6fb

which is using that url.  tap the trial to get the pop-up

0 Kudos
Sardar_FaisalAbbas
New Contributor II

Mark, 

Tried it, and your one works, but, no mine. Will keep digging ... Thanks for your help Mark. 

0 Kudos
Sardar_FaisalAbbas
New Contributor II

Mark, thanks to you, I was able to retrieve text, number and checkboxes, the only thing I am still unable to retrieve using Windows based Survery123 is date and time. The date and time works perfectly fine on other platforms, but, not Windows. Can you pass date and time field to your survey form, and then check if you can retrieve it or not? Your current survey form is just retrieving the current date and time, but, not from the any field. 

0 Kudos