Unable to Republish/Overwrite Survey

11-28-2016 05:28 AM
VanessaCampbell2
New Contributor II

I have update my survey by adding a new name to one of my questions.

When I go to (re)Publish the survey, the survey passes the checking feature service -  "this survey will be updated without affecting existing data", then I click publish survey

After clicking the publish survey button it prompts the "Updating survey form package" the bar loads blue all cross but the spinning circle just keeps spinning and doesn't load anything. The load time has been going for almost a hour now.

I am using the most up to date Connect 1.9.24.

I have done the normal troubleshooting method close, restart, (re)publish, etc.

My survey is live and in production so this long load time is really affecting my clients out in the field.

I have added/delete a name from this exact survey and never dealt with this issue before.

How can I handle this? I haven't come across this issue on GeoNet, please let me know if this is a known issue.

This is my first post so hopefully this is the right place to post an error/bug  

Thanks

42 Replies
Jean-YvesLandry1
Occasional Contributor

Ok so I've pinpointed the publish error... it is when I try to add a field to a repeat within a repeat. Is there any way I can do modifications to this repeat within a repeat?

0 Kudos
Jean-YvesLandry1
Occasional Contributor

Found a Solution on updating repeats within repeats.  I added the fields through Arcgis online, then republished the survey on survey123 connect.  Connect did not need to add the 2 new fields and only needs to update the form. 

Perfect.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just had the same issue where it would hang on republishing. I restarted, reinstalled and it still did not work. I ended up having to pull down the survey from AGOL and then make my changes and it seems to work now. Not sure if I accidentally closed out before it was done publishing at one point, but that seems that it has solved the issue.

Windows 10 64 bit

Survey123 v3.9.120

0 Kudos