Unable to Republish/Overwrite Survey

11-28-2016 05:28 AM
VanessaCampbell2
New Contributor II

I have update my survey by adding a new name to one of my questions.

When I go to (re)Publish the survey, the survey passes the checking feature service -  "this survey will be updated without affecting existing data", then I click publish survey

After clicking the publish survey button it prompts the "Updating survey form package" the bar loads blue all cross but the spinning circle just keeps spinning and doesn't load anything. The load time has been going for almost a hour now.

I am using the most up to date Connect 1.9.24.

I have done the normal troubleshooting method close, restart, (re)publish, etc.

My survey is live and in production so this long load time is really affecting my clients out in the field.

I have added/delete a name from this exact survey and never dealt with this issue before.

How can I handle this? I haven't come across this issue on GeoNet, please let me know if this is a known issue.

This is my first post so hopefully this is the right place to post an error/bug  

Thanks

42 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Vanessa,

It sounds like something got stuck during the upload process.  This is often a transient issue; have you tried closing Survey123 Connect, re-opening and attempting to republish?

0 Kudos
VanessaCampbell2
New Contributor II

Hi James,

The overwrite seems minimal so I am not sure why it's lagging/freezing.

So far I have closed Survey123 Connect, re-opened and tried to republish,  removed all components of Survey123 Connect, re-installed and tried republishing still receiving the same results.

My next plan of action is just replicating the survey and publishing it new.  If this works the issue may have to do with the overwrite, I'm unsure what the next step would be after that.....  

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Vanessa,

Got your XLSForm and performed some testing following your steps (e.g., removed one user from the choice list and added a new one) and I was not able to repro your issue. Tested with Survey123 Connect v1.9.24.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
VanessaCampbell2
New Contributor II

I am still having the issue with the overwrite/republish.

For a temp solution I have created a new survey with the value changes. The survey is being used by a lot of contractors, so name changes can happen often.

My one thought on why the I can not republish my survey  is that it is live in Prod and downloaded on users mobile device, since its being actively used the overwrite/republish fails.

0 Kudos
AmyKnight
New Contributor III

I also had this problem. I finally realized I had moved the form from its default 'survey' folder in AGOL to another folder.  When I put it into its  respective survey folder, the overwrite worked fine.  This is what happened:  I did not notice the survey folders that were auto-created  because they were out of sight, i.e. below the other folders, in my folder list.  But the form still showed up in the root directory so I moved it to an existing project folder.  It's confusing that the form shows up in the root and the survey subfolder.  I re-tested to make sure.

VishApte
Esri Contributor

I am having this issue on and off. I could not find an exact reason but works if I use "create new survey" in the hamburger menu of the problematic survey and then publish the survey. Something is not quite right with overwrite existing survey. It would be nice if Connect could tell us what step it got stuck at. 

Cheers,

Vish

0 Kudos
ArshaYuditha_Amiranti
Occasional Contributor

Hi Vanessa,

What is the workaround of this case? Have you found it? Or by the recent version of Survey123 this issue have been solved?

Cheers,

Arsha

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Arsha,

A quick question- can you go to the Survey folder in the 'My Content' section of ArcGIS Online?  If you see hosted views, that may interfere with re-publishing of the survey.

MichelleWalker
New Contributor II

Thanks James - moving the hosted views out of the survey folder solved this problem for me.

0 Kudos