Unable to re-publish Survey123 form; Tables with different names

Jump to solution
08-03-2020 07:52 AM
RachelHackett
New Contributor III

I have a Survey123 form with multiple tables/repeats and existing data. I wanted to edit some constraints. I pulled the .xls form from the existing survey to edit via "Edit in Survey123 Connect" in ArcOnline portal, edited two constraint cells. When I try to re-publish it tells me that "The existing data is not compatible with the survey - (Table EFB_LAMP_2020 not found)." I have made no adjustments to the tables and do not know how to change the constrains without loosing the existing data. It looks like the table it is referring to is actually called EFB_LAMP in the existing Feature Layer. I'm not sure how the two names got used. How do I reconcile the two names so I can update the constraints for the survey form? I've tried updating the Title under General Settings, but I get the same message.

Error message:

Existing Feature Layer Layers:

Survey123 Connect layers:

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Rachel,

As Doug points out, it appears the parent layer name in your xlsx file is different to the actual feature service parent layer name. EFB_LAMP_2020 vs EFB_LAMP.

Please check the settings sheet in the xlsx file and set the form_id to EFB_LAMP so it matches the feature service.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is this the top level of the form?  If so it uses the form name but you can change it on the settings page using the form_id column if i remember right.  Try that

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Rachel,

As Doug points out, it appears the parent layer name in your xlsx file is different to the actual feature service parent layer name. EFB_LAMP_2020 vs EFB_LAMP.

Please check the settings sheet in the xlsx file and set the form_id to EFB_LAMP so it matches the feature service.

Regards,

Phil.

RachelHackett
New Contributor III

Thanks, Philip and Doug! I didn't any any entry in the form_id cell, so it must have defaulted somewhere. I kept changing form_title, which did not work.