Unable to pass special character (+) to AGOL on form submission

Jump to solution
11-17-2016 05:54 PM
WengNg
by
New Contributor III

I have a mask that specifies the format of a phone number input (+6000000000) but when I submit the form, I was unable to pass the special character + to AGOL. It seems to have omitted it even though it is displayed on the form before I submit it.

The question type is a free text with just a mask on it. 

I thought this was a restriction in the field but I was able to add the special character manually in AGOL.

Did I miss something?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. This is to let you know that we were able to reproduce this behavior. This is a software defect and it is now logged for resolution. For clarity, the input mask is not the root of the problem.  + signs get replaced with spaces when submit is invoked. There is no workaround at the moment for this issue. We will tentatively release a fix to this in December 19, along with Survey123 version 1.10.

Apologies for the belated response. Post bumps are welcomed!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
WengNg
by
New Contributor III

Just wondering if anyone else have issues passing special characters from Survey 123 to AGOL. Apologies if a post bump is not allowed in the forums

Our client would really like to see a response to this query.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. This is to let you know that we were able to reproduce this behavior. This is a software defect and it is now logged for resolution. For clarity, the input mask is not the root of the problem.  + signs get replaced with spaces when submit is invoked. There is no workaround at the moment for this issue. We will tentatively release a fix to this in December 19, along with Survey123 version 1.10.

Apologies for the belated response. Post bumps are welcomed!

WengNg
by
New Contributor III

Thanks Ismael for the clarification, much appreciated !

0 Kudos