Unable to open Survey123 Connect in Windows 7

01-14-2019 01:37 PM
TimothyCondon
New Contributor

When I try to open Survey 123 Connect I get an instant crash. I haven't ever been able to get Survey123 Connect to run on this computer, but it runs fine on my Windows 10 machine. 

As soon as I launch the app from the start menu or the .exe file, I get the crash in the image attached. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times and can't seem to find a solution online for this issue. If you have any advice regarding this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Timothy,

Can you confirm what version of Windows 7 you are using and also if your system (Windows Updates) is up to date. Mainly we require the graphics driver to be up to date also.

Please see this post for more information of recent issues that sounds similar with Windows 7 and older hardware and unsupported graphics drivers with the newer version of Survey123. The possible workaround may help resolve your issue: https://community.esri.com/thread/226467-version-survey-connect-3-dont-work?commentID=823911&et=watc... 

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
TimothyCondon
New Contributor

Hello Philip,

I'm running Windows 7 Professional and Windows Update is up to date. 

I tried running the .exe file using the workaround "C:\Users\{username}\Applications\ArcGIS\Survey123ConnectforArcGIS\Survey123ConnectforArcGIS.exe --renderingEngine angle" but that failed as well.

I'm starting to believe my problem may be with the graphics built into my work computer. I've attached an image of my graphics diagnostic and to me it seems like it may not have a hardware acceleration driver that is functioning correctly. I updated my graphics drivers but am still seeing no improvement.

My colleagues have DirectX functionality and have graphics cards that are working so I'm going to be contacting work IT and seeing if they can assist me further in this. If you have any other suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate them.

0 Kudos