Unable to login on Portal on premisses

Jump to solution
01-12-2016 04:39 AM
HenrikSvenningsen
Occasional Contributor

Hi there

After an upgrade from 1.1.12 to 1.2.19 I can no longer login to our own portal ??

We had no problems in the old version, but now I get an "invalid user" or a code 400 ????

Anyone ??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Henrik Svenningsen

we just published a KB article that will teach you how to prepare Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1 to work with the newer versions of Survey123 for ArcGIS.  Starting with 1.2.19 we use OAuth in the sign-in dialog. You will need to register the Survey123 AppIDs in the Portal.

I believe this may be the crux of your problem.

See more details here: Survey123 and ArcGIS for Server

Ismael

View solution in original post

4 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Henrik,

some questions to help diagnose:

• Do you also have issues logging in with Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS?
  • Did you try connecting to your Portal from the field app running in the same machine as Connect? Did it work?
  • Are both Connect and the field App connecting via the same network?
  • Are you using Built-in users?
  • What is the operating system of your device running the app?
  • Are you running Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1 or 10.4 Pre-Release?
0 Kudos
HenrikSvenningsen
Occasional Contributor
  • Old version of connect working fine....new version can't log in.
  • Yes, both field app and connect have been testet from the same windows PC.....both the old and new version of Survey.
  • Yes both are on the same network.
  • The users are registrered on the Portal with Windows AD user credentials.
  • The system is Windows 10, but testet it on a windows 7 with same issues.
  • We are running Portal 10.3.1.
0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Henrik,

the issue is caused by the fact that the latest update of Survey123 works with OAuth. For an OAuth client to be able to register against Portal for ArcGIS, it is needed that the Portal has a unique ClientAppID registered in the portal. Since 10.3.1 shipped before Survey123, this ClientAppID is missing.

Before OAuth was implemented in Survey123, you were able to login against your Portal and use Build-in users. Now with OAuth, Portal is not allowing Survey123 to connect. We are working with the Portal for ArcGIS Server team to figure how to resolve this.

This problem will not occur with Portal for ArcGIS 10.4.  Our intent is that you will be able to continue testing Survey123 Beta against your Portal 10.3.1. Will get back to this post with more comments as soon as we have a solution.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Ismael

IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Henrik Svenningsen

we just published a KB article that will teach you how to prepare Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1 to work with the newer versions of Survey123 for ArcGIS.  Starting with 1.2.19 we use OAuth in the sign-in dialog. You will need to register the Survey123 AppIDs in the Portal.

I believe this may be the crux of your problem.

See more details here: Survey123 and ArcGIS for Server

Ismael