Unable to locate an existing feature service to create a new survey123 form

Jump to solution
12-06-2020 12:31 PM
cbolen
by
New Contributor III

I am trying to create a new survey123 form (in Connect v3.11.123) based on an existing feature service. The feature service is published to ArcGIS Online and shared to a specific group. When going to 'new survey' > 'feature service' option and searching, I can't seem to find the feature service (or any of my content) to select from. I do see a bunch of content from other users in my organization. In survey123 connect, I am logged into my arcgis online. Also, I have ensured that 

"supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIds" : true, 

Thoughts? Does the content need to be public?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @cbolen 

No, the content does not need to be public. It just needs to be shared with a user group that your logged in user in Connect has access to, or the content can be shared to the Org and that should work too.

How were the existing feature services created that you can not see?

Please refer to https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/survey123withexistingfeatureservices.htm for more information.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @cbolen 

No, the content does not need to be public. It just needs to be shared with a user group that your logged in user in Connect has access to, or the content can be shared to the Org and that should work too.

How were the existing feature services created that you can not see?

Please refer to https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/survey123withexistingfeatureservices.htm for more information.

Regards,

Phil.

cbolen
by
New Contributor III

Problem solved. The issue was being part of a large organization. The Survey123 Connect search option seemed to only go through the P's in the alphabet before timing out. I changed my feature layer that started with a T to an A and then I was able to find it. It does not seem like there is anyway to filter only on the content I own in the search dialogue.

GBacon
by
Occasional Contributor

this is still happening in v3.17.54