Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to load Design Tab on Survey123 Website

06-09-2017 06:31 AM
RobertMarros
Occasional Contributor II

Is anyone else having an issue opening up the DESIGN tab on the Survey123 Website? I am trying to open up an already published survey in order to update some of the answers to a question. However, when I click on the DESIGN tab, I get those three fluctuating bar graphs. I have already gone through and cleared out my cache so I am not sure what else could be the error.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
29 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Similarly to what Jonathan mentions, we have isolated this behavior to questions that are of type website or e-mail (which have validation strings).  Based on what Jonathan identified, this might also affect other special characters (!@#*.^%&, etc.) - are there either those characters or the those types of questions in your survey?

RobertMarros

James,

Well yes we do have a question where the user would type in their email address so therefore the @ character would appear.

Why has this become an issue now? Is there a fix or solution to resolve this? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

This became an issue on the introduction of the ability to alter a survey's design- essentially the survey design is being processed for special characters at the wrong time, resulting in what looks like a broken survey later on. We are working on correcting this issue and will update you when it is fixed.

0 Kudos
RobertMarros

James,

Any chance you have an idea of when this particular issue will be resolved? The reason why I ask is because I will need to determine if a secondary option needs to be implemented (i.e. develop another survey). A couple of days will be OK but a couple of weeks won't be.

Thanks 

JamesTedrick

Hi Robert,

We have a fix going through our validation testing currently.  We expect to update the website later today assuming no issues are discovered in testing.

0 Kudos
RobertMarros

James,

Can you give me an update on the fix status? I am still experiencing the same issue so I am assuming you encountered some more issues when running your test. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Robert,

We updated the website overnight; you may need to clear the browser's cache of trigger a full reload (normally pressing shift while clicking on the reload button does this for most browsers)

0 Kudos
RobertMarros

Nice.

Thanks James. I will let you know if I come across anymore issues.

0 Kudos
ZachMueting
New Contributor III

Hi James,

I'm starting to get nervous.  I have a team going out with this survey to do a park inventories for an entire city.  It needs to be working.  I really need an update on Code1019 related to the lowercase vs. uppercase.  It was working but then stopped working when I would try to resend an edited survey.  Please, this is not good.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Vanessa,

The fix for the problem with the Code 1019 is a little more complicated than the issue being described in this thread.  As a workaround, is it possible for you to create a new survey based on the survey you have authored which will generate a new (hosted) feature class/feature classes, and then load the existing data into them for editing?

0 Kudos