Unable to format watermark color

07-01-2020 07:51 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I must be missing something when it comes to formatting the color of my watermarks. I currently have four watermarks, three are called from fields in my survey and the fourth one is @[dateTime:short]. Whenever I assign color to the text, the only watermark that accepts it is the @[dateTime:short]. I've attached an example of my most recent attempt.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jared

Thanks for providing your XLSForm. It's not possible to use a question placeholder in a watermark directly, if the watermark also has other parameters (color, for example). The way around this is to construct the whole watermark string in a calculation in a separate question, and then use this as the watermark content.

For example, the calculation for your ${display_user} question could be:

concat(property('username'),'&color=#ff8000')

You would do something similar for the ${display_addr_coords} and ${display_cat} questions. The statement in the bind::esri:parameters column would then look something like:

bottomLeftWatermark=${display_addr_coords} topLeftWatermark=${display_user} topRightWatermark=@[dateTime:short]&color=#ff8000 bottomRightWatermark=${display_cat}

There's a Watermarks sample survey in Connect that demonstrates this method.

For more, please see this note: Watermarks—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

Also please see this great blog for more info: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2019/08/08/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-photo-wate... 

Best,

Jim

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, Jim! That set me in the right direction and I was able to get all four watermarks updated!