Unable to Access Survey in Dashboard

01-18-2021 05:28 AM
mpboyle
Occasional Contributor III

I have a survey that references a service published from our ArcGIS Server.  I can access the survey and submit data as expected when pulling up the web form, however, we'd like to have the survey embedded in a dashboard.  When we try to do this, the survey keeps returning "this survey does not exist or is not accessible".

The only way we've gotten it to work is to share the items publicly, which is not desirable.  I am the owner of the service published from our Server, the web map used in the dashboard, and the survey...what am I missing in order to get the survey to work as embedded content in a dashboard, while not having everything shared to the public?

We are using ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1, and ArcGIS Survery123 3.10.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alber_Verster
Esri Contributor

Hi,

What happens when you share the Dashboard and the sSurvey123 form with the Organisation? Same error?

Albert

0 Kudos
mpboyle
Occasional Contributor III

The only way the survey will show in the dashboard as embedded content is if the service and survey are both shared to the public.  Doesn't work if the service and survey are shared at the organization level, or a group level.

0 Kudos
Alber_Verster
Esri Contributor

Have you had a look at this blog post?

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-embedding-a-survey...

In the comment section someone had a similar issue and the issue seemed to have been resolved when the parameters in the URL are set to &mode=edit&globalId= This is because your survey URL already has the ? sign to pass the portalUrl parameter.

JacquieKovarik
New Contributor III

THANK YOU for posting this solution! It saved me a lot of time. Much appreciated!

0 Kudos