Two levels of one to many error

Jump to solution
02-04-2020 10:55 AM

Hi,

I've created a feature service that contains one feature class which have two levels of one to many relationships.

All tables and feature class where created in ArcSDE over oracle, with Globalid field as the FK and archiving has been activated.

I've used Survey123 Connect and created a new survey using "feature service" option.

When I enter new survey the data is store correctly in Oracle DB and can be viewed correctly in the "survey123 web" and in "sent surveys" but the survey in "inbox" show no data on the related tables .

I have tested this on android, iOS and windows.

Is this a bug? or Survey123 does not support more than one level of one to many relationships?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi!  If I understand correctly, surveys in your Inbox folder do not show any information in your repeats.  This is expected, unless you configure your XLSForm to retrieve this information.

By default, the Inbox will only retrieve information for your main record, and all related records will be show empty. We do this to avoid downloading into your device information that you do not need.  If you want related records to be retrieved to populate your repeats, then you need to enable query in your begin repeat rows. The exact syntax is described in the Repeats section of the Prepare for editing existing survey data—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation help topic. Note that you can also optionally enable update privileges in the retrieved related records.   Options to control which related records get downloaded to your device and what editing privileges are granted work well with nested repeats.  Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi!  If I understand correctly, surveys in your Inbox folder do not show any information in your repeats.  This is expected, unless you configure your XLSForm to retrieve this information.

By default, the Inbox will only retrieve information for your main record, and all related records will be show empty. We do this to avoid downloading into your device information that you do not need.  If you want related records to be retrieved to populate your repeats, then you need to enable query in your begin repeat rows. The exact syntax is described in the Repeats section of the Prepare for editing existing survey data—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation help topic. Note that you can also optionally enable update privileges in the retrieved related records.   Options to control which related records get downloaded to your device and what editing privileges are granted work well with nested repeats.  Hope this helps!