Select to view content in your preferred language

Two CSVs in my media folder for the pull data functionality?

Jump to solution
04-11-2018 07:00 AM
ANRGIS
by
Frequent Contributor

As soon as I add another pulldata calculation into my survey, using another csv, it stops working. Can I have two csvs in my media folder? I'm using Survey123 Connect.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

The issue is the autocomplete appearance on the select_one - while 2.7 supports calculated values, it does not support it for the autocomplete option yet.  Changing the autocomplete to a minimal will resolve the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AldousTsang
Regular Contributor

Can you post your calculation for your pulldata?

You can have multiple csvs in the media folder.

here's an example of one I use:

if(selected(${agency},'Beaumont'),pulldata('Beaumont','WDID','CI_Key',${Addr}),pulldata('CommInd','WDID','CI_Key',${Addr}))

I have Beaumont.csv and CommInd.csv in my media folder

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Yes, Survey123 supports multiple CSV files for pulldata operations.  That being said, there is a best practice to ensure reliable operation.  Pulldata functions work best when they are directly populating a question (without being within a function as in aldoustsang‌'s example); any function/evaluation work should occur in a later question.  This is due to how the software that translates the XLSForm file into the XForm file (which is what is actually used by Survey123 field app) identifies and processes the pulldata function.

ANRGIS
by
Frequent Contributor

I zipped up my survey and CSVs and attached. Must be something else then? I would appreciate you taking a look. I suspect my pull data can't work with a select_one maybe? Thanks.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi,

The issue is the autocomplete appearance on the select_one - while 2.7 supports calculated values, it does not support it for the autocomplete option yet.  Changing the autocomplete to a minimal will resolve the problem.

0 Kudos