Trouble with Geocode appearance in version 3.13.234

Jump to solution
09-23-2021 10:41 AM
ShelbyZelonisRoberson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi - I have had a public-facing Survey123 form in production since the beginning of the year. It uses the geocode appearance on a geopoint field, which used to work in the beta version. However, when 3.13.234 and the full functionality of the geocode appearance was released, my survey broke and I can't get it to work properly anymore.

My main problem is that I need the field that has the geocode appearance to be a geopoint question (mapped on the backend). It seems like the new version only works if the appearance is used on a text field, in which case my data isn't mapped on the backend. This ruins my whole workflow because the whole point is to map the data in a dashboard. How can I get the Survey back to working with geopoint capturing the geographic data while also using the geocode appearance? This is a major issue right now because all new data being collected by the public is not getting mapped (and many other consequences). 

Thanks!

@JamesTedrick 

@IsmaelChivite 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Shelby,

You can populate your geopoint using pulldata() to extract the coordinates from the text question that has the geocode appearance. I attached an XLSForm with an example of that workflow.

Depending on your workflow, you may want to add a hidden appearance to the geopoint or set it to read-only.

Thanks,
-Barbara

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Shelby,

You can populate your geopoint using pulldata() to extract the coordinates from the text question that has the geocode appearance. I attached an XLSForm with an example of that workflow.

Depending on your workflow, you may want to add a hidden appearance to the geopoint or set it to read-only.

Thanks,
-Barbara

IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

@ShelbyZelonisRoberson  To add to @BarbaraWebster1 's response above:

0 Kudos
ShelbyZelonisRoberson
Occasional Contributor III

Ah, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks to you and @BarbaraWebster1  both!

0 Kudos