Transfer records from old survey to new survey

01-10-2022 12:27 AM
AnuSawant
Occasional Contributor II

Hi there,

I have two surveys, V1 which is live and V2 which s replication of V1 but modified. Now I want to transfer the data from V1 to V2 and depreciate V1. 

Is this possible without using  third party tools? I have tried append but photos doesn't get transferred. Is there any other way I can do it in ArcGIS online without taking it out?

Thanks,

Anu 

4 Replies
AdminGIS2
New Contributor III

You can indeed use the ArcGIS Pro Append tool to transfer both features and attachments, but you will need a Standard or Advanced type license for it to work (and make sure the "Maintain Attachments" option is set in environment settings). 

If you do not have this license, you could accomplish the same result by downloading all attachments from v1 and add them to the correct features from v2. Both download/upload could be done with a script using  ArcGIS REST. 

AnuSawant

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have been trying Append in ArcPro but getting following issue.

1) If I tick Preserved Global ID's (environment setting) I couldn't transfer the data and getting warning message 000595 and 000594. 

2) If I untick Preserved Global ID's (environmental setting) then I can transfer the data and system generated new global Id's but I cant view the related record in the other feature service ( I am assuming the relation with the other layer broke up).

Thanks,

Anu

DerrickWestoby
Occasional Contributor III

+1 for  AdminGIS2's recommendation, but a couple more points - 

•  There was a bug in ArcGIS Pro where the Append tool would not maintain attachments when appending to an AGOL hosted feature layer.  This was resolved with the latest release (2.9.0 I think). Make sure you're using the latest version of ArcPro. 
  • I was doing the same thing as you about 2 years ago and I think I ran into the same problem because I was using the "Export to FGDB" option to export the data (your "V1" data) in AGOL, which didn't export attachments (at the time).  Instead, I used "Create replica" and that resolved the issue for me. 
AnuSawant

Hi Derrick,

Thanks for the solution. I am using the the latest version of ArcPro. I guess I cant use create replica as my schema in V2 has been changed. (additional fields have been added to it.

Thanks,

Anu

0 Kudos