Tracking movement in Survey123 map

Jump to solution
09-14-2021 09:15 PM
EmilyRayner
New Contributor III

Hi all, is there any new development with maps in Survey123 where in maps you it can follow your movements and plot a path? Rather than manually having to plot your path. Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @EmilyRayner,

GPS streaming for line and polygon collection is not supported and is not currently planned for the upcoming release. We do have an issue in our backlog to support this feature in the future. You can refer to following support bug for status:

ENH-000125836 Stream locations when capturing geotrace/geoshape.

For the currently supported ways you can capture lines and polygons in Survey123, please refer to: 

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/geotracegeoshape.htm

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @EmilyRayner,

GPS streaming for line and polygon collection is not supported and is not currently planned for the upcoming release. We do have an issue in our backlog to support this feature in the future. You can refer to following support bug for status:

ENH-000125836 Stream locations when capturing geotrace/geoshape.

For the currently supported ways you can capture lines and polygons in Survey123, please refer to: 

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/geotracegeoshape.htm

Regards,

Phil.

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I thought this was mentioned in one of the UC videos?  I swear @Ismael  said this was coming to 123.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @DougBrowning,

In the UC presentation we mentioned adding support for tracking (similar to Tracker) in Survey123 in a future release in the road map, however this is different to streaming the geotrace/geoshape locations for the geometry of the feature using the map question.

The tracking capability will use the Tracker feature layer, similar to Field Maps, and we are currently working on implementing this in QuickCapture first, and then Survey123.

Regards,

Phil.

EmilyRayner
New Contributor III

Thanks for the response. I will keep checking in, it would be very helpful with our program.

thoughtsponge1
New Contributor II

Has there been any progress on this feature?

Thanks!

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @thoughtsponge1,

Are you referring to any progress on GPS streaming in the geotrace/geoshape question to collect a line/shape automatically while moving. Or are you referring to the tracking capability of Tracker being integrated into Survey123 for tracking purposes, separate to geotrace/geoshape collection?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
BimallNaidoo1
New Contributor II

Hi 

Has this feature been added or created - tracking capability of Tracker being integrated into Survey123 for tracking purposes.

I would like to track the movement of monitors while they are collecting data to ensure they doing their patrol.

Thanks

B

0 Kudos
AbdulabnanMohammed
New Contributor II

Hi Experts

Any Update 

Has this feature been added in survey123 - tracking capability of Tracker being integrated into Survey123 for tracking purposes.

I would like to track the movement of monitors as route in Polyline while they are collecting data to ensure they doing.

Thank You

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Location sharing was added in June and may have what you need.

See here  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-videos/what-s-new-in-arcgis-survey123-june-2023-webin... 

0 Kudos