time question that can't be adjusted

Jump to solution
12-04-2020 03:16 PM
JenHorsman
New Contributor II

I have created a form that we use for UAS missions. Before each flight, the user fills out the form which has questions related to the mission, including takeoff time - the time the drone is actually launched into the air. My form has a time question that populates a time attribute called "takeoff".

JenniferHorsman1_0-1607123208501.png

When clicked on, the current time automatically comes up, but it allows the user to adjust it like so:

JenniferHorsman1_1-1607123266685.png

I would love to be able to keep the user from adjusting this time and just accept the current time that comes up when the question is clicked on. Even better would be a way to click a checkbox called "Launch" or something similar that populates the takeoff time field with "now()".

Any suggestions? I can keep it as is, but I've already had a user consistently mess this up (changing to AM when it is PM, putting the wrong time, etc.) Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @JenHorsman 

For your suggestion of a 'launch' button, something like the example below could work. When the user selects 'Launch now!', the time question becomes relevant, which triggers the now() calculation. Setting the time question to read-only ensures the time cannot be modified.

Jim-Moore_0-1607302851075.png

Jim-Moore_1-1607302967389.png

Best,

Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @JenHorsman 

For your suggestion of a 'launch' button, something like the example below could work. When the user selects 'Launch now!', the time question becomes relevant, which triggers the now() calculation. Setting the time question to read-only ensures the time cannot be modified.

Jim-Moore_0-1607302851075.png

Jim-Moore_1-1607302967389.png

Best,

Jim

0 Kudos
JenHorsman
New Contributor II

Thank you Jim! I was close - I had a "Launch now" button just as you suggested, but I didn't realize there is a readonly field. Also, I was trying to use an if statement in the calculation, rather than using the relevant field. Thanks so much! Very helpful.