Time input: any other appearance options besides the spinner style?

04-27-2018 06:08 AM
RobBlash
Occasional Contributor III

Are there any other input options? I like that the spinner defaults to the current time, however it can be a bit tedious to use (especially if you're using Survey123 on a non-touch device).

I looked through the ESRI Date/Time samples in S123 connect. There are some nice options (such as military time) but how do you default that to show the current time?

In the end, a few different appearance types for the default time question would be helpful. Android's method of choosing time works quite well IMO (tap the hour value on a clock, then tap the minute value)

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Rob,

We are in the process of revising the time controls to enable keyboard input.  Please be on the lookout for an update to the Survey123 3.0 beta in the Esri Early Adopter Community for more information soon!  To default to the current time, you can have the today() or now() function as a default value in the survey.

0 Kudos
RobBlash
Occasional Contributor III

James,

Thanks for the update regarding time controls. Using now() as a default for the military time style doesn't seem to work since it's stored as a string (as shown in the ESRI sample).

For now I'll keep my eyes open for the 3.0 beta.

Thanks,

Rob

0 Kudos
KylaCupp_SBY
New Contributor III

Hi James,

I'm struggling with this issue as well. I've gotten complaints on how hard it is to input a date (especially birthday) using the spinner in the field. I'm using Survey123 Connect V3.15.165, are there any updates on this?

Thanks,

Kyla

0 Kudos
KevinOKeeffe
New Contributor II

Hi Rob,

In relation to the different appearance types for the time question you were asking for,  did you get anywhere as the "Android_timeCapture" image/format you put up, as would me much quicker for the guy out on site to fill in compared with the spinner?

Kevin

0 Kudos