Select to view content in your preferred language

This survey is not accessible or does not exist.

Jump to solution
01-25-2024 09:26 AM
GEO_SARGE
New Contributor III

I created a survey yesterday but it doesn't seem to be accessible to anyone even in my organization.  It is all shared to public access on both arcgis online and the survey123 collaborate tab.  I'm stuck because after looking at some of the other posts here I verified that everything is in the same folder inside of a group.  When users try to access it they get this error:

GEO_SARGE_2-1706203516673.png

Sharing permissions:

GEO_SARGE_0-1706203468401.png

GEO_SARGE_1-1706203497041.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Have you renamed survey form or folder that it was created in?

Renaming the folder/file/layers, moving content between users/folders, can break the ability of the survey to function. It will typically work OK for the owners but not other users.

The survey form needs to be the original name in a folder of the same name i.e. Survey-Surveyname.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you also change the settings at https://survey123.arcgis.com/ ?

0 Kudos
GEO_SARGE
New Contributor III

That is the third picture in my post (might be hard to see because it's small).  Under the "Collaborate" tab is the sharing option of "Who can submit this survey" and it is set to "Everyone (public)"

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Do they have the correct URL?

Does the issue go away if the parent Feature Layer is shared publicly?

Can you recreate this issue yourself either using your account(s) or a "test" account?

0 Kudos
GEO_SARGE
New Contributor III

Do they have the correct URL?
Yes.  I opened the survey (it works fine for me which makes me think something in the sharing permissions is off - but I checked it against another survey we have that is working fine and it's identical).  I copy and paste the link that works for me (logged in on Chrome) into Edge and it gives me the same error (not logged in).

Does the issue go away if the parent Feature Layer is shared publicly?
No - I tried enabling public data collection and sharing the parent layer to public, problem still persists. 

Can you recreate this issue yourself either using your account(s) or a "test" account?
Yes  - see the first answer.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Definitely sounds like a sharing permissions issue. Your setting appear to be correct, but it seems extra weird that even making the parent layer public has the issue persist.

Unless @DougBrowning has an idea, I'd suggest getting Esri Support as a quick visual inspection of the set-up would be helpful.

GEO_SARGE
New Contributor III

Additional Note

Yesterday someone in my organization was able (we are both admins) to access and complete the survey.  I made someone else an admin just to test a theory, and they were unable to access the survey today.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you set the organizational settings in AGOL to allow public access?

Sorry i did not know you meant public.  Follow this   https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/getting-started-with-public-surveys/ba-p/897076 

0 Kudos
GEO_SARGE
New Contributor III

In AGOL when you adjust sharing permissions you're given these options, currently ALL layers (including the parent layer for the moment) are set to this same setting:

GEO_SARGE_0-1706206295556.png

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There is another setting I think.  Double check all the steps in post I linked.

You do not have any javascript in it do you?

0 Kudos