The survey is not accessible or does not exist.

Jump to solution
02-23-2022 06:14 AM
UğurBaranSarıbaş
New Contributor III

Hi, after the last update received in Survey123 connect (3.14.256), several Survey form's item details are not accessible in our organization. Please see the screenshot below.

UurBaranSarba_0-1645625258736.png

Tags (3)
41 Replies
FionaTaylor
New Contributor

This thread suggests the issue has resolved, but I'm getting the same error on just one survey, now in March 2023. Can anyone suggest a solution?

KurtSargent1
New Contributor II

Me as well, March 9, 2023

abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I would suggest contacting Esri support.

The issue discussed here occurred when Esri updated from 3.13 > 3.14. The issue affected most users, and resulted in a rollback to 3.13 and subsequent update/fix to 3.14 to resolve the issue. This specific issue has been resolved for a while now.

There was a recent[ish] update from 3.16 > 3.17 which may have caused an issue for you.

While not helpful (I apologize), I personally have not experienced the issue described here, and all of my surveys are working properly. I would guess that if this was caused by 3.17, it isn't as far reaching as the previous issue.

0 Kudos
BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

We are seeing this behavior after publishing an update from 3.17. Anyone have any luck with esri support? @KurtSargent1 @FionaTaylor 

BrittanyBurson_0-1681842867283.png

0 Kudos
KurtSargent1
New Contributor II

I don't recall what I did to work around this. I did not log a case with Esri Canada. I checked and  I don't see a repeat of the error message on any of the surveys that I currently have access to. 

Can you see them in Survey123 Connect?

0 Kudos
KaseyGondek
New Contributor

Still having this error as of August on Connect v3.18.123! Anyone have a workaround besides contacting support?

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

I had this pop up yesterday with two surveys. After some troubleshooting, I found a bug: A group with table-list appearance AND a non-select_one/select_multiple question (e.g., a note or text) as the first element inside that table-list causes the survey to give this error. The survey is still visible and accessible in Portal (and I would assume AGO).

This bug has been logged with Esri, and a fix will (presumably) be worked on and deployed sometime in the future.

EDIT: For clarification, this comment is in response to another more recent comment. The original reason this particular thread was started was for a different bug which has long since been resolved. However, the error message is generic, so there are many reasons why you could be seeing "The survey is not accessible or does not exist."

EDIT2: Logged as BUG-000160874

0 Kudos
BBurkholder
New Contributor III

Thank you for posting this. I encountered this same bug on 1 of my forms. I appreciate you taking the time to write it up, even if it's different from the original bug. Do you have the bug #?

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Sure do. BUG-000160874

JChinn
by
New Contributor

Same issue is popping up in 3.18. 

JChinn_0-1697040894327.png

BUG-00160874 offers the following workaround.

·       Move the note or text question below the select_one question.

·       Change the appearance of the begin group question to compact, field-list, or leave appearance as blank.

See Esri's Technical Support page:

https://support.esri.com/en-us/bug/when-a-survey-contains-a-group-with-the-tablelist-appea-bug-00016...

0 Kudos