Select to view content in your preferred language

The survey is not accessible or does not exist.

03-04-2024 01:18 PM
CN3
by
Emerging Contributor

I received "The survey is not accessible or does not exist.  Please ensure the signed in user can access this survey and that the survey link is correct." error message today after I updated a survey and re-published it. I can see the survey in the Survey123 app on my phone. I am able to use the survey from my phone and submit a record, but I cannot no longer open the survey on the desktop, I just get the error message above. I am the owner of the survey.  Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Couple questions:

• Did you rename or move any files on the Portal?
  • Did you see the newly published update on your phone? (the S123 Field App is designed to work in an offline environment, meaning that once you download a survey to your device, it will stay there even if the original survey is deleted from the server).
  • Can you locate the survey on both the S123 Website and your Portal?
0 Kudos
CN3
by
Emerging Contributor

No, didn't rename or move any files on the portal.

Yes, I can see the survey "tile" on the portal and on the S123 website/desktop app.  It says that the item was last updated today, which is correct.The other odd thing is I had a customized picture with the survey.  That has also disappeared on the portal and website.  I can still see it on my phone though.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Those images can sometimes act odd. My colleague regularly has tile image issues, but I have not had that issue myself.

Can you confirm that the account you used in Connect to publish the survey is the same account that you are logged into the S123 Field App as?

Once you do that, delete the survey from your S123 Field App (mainly to ensure that we A) have the proper survey, and B) that nothing odd is going on with the survey -- sometimes the survey in the field app can act up and this is the easiest solution).

Then, go to the S123 website, reset the permissions for the survey, and then Save them (do this even if everything appears to be correct).

abureaux_0-1709589167953.png

Then, re-add the survey from the website to your Field App (or do so directly from the field app).

0 Kudos
CN3
by
Emerging Contributor

Yes, the account that I use to log in on my phone and desktop are identical.  I have no other ArcGIS account.

I'm running the latest version 3.19.120 of the My Survey123 app on my phone.

I deleted the survey from the app.  When I try to re-add the survey, I get the "Error unpacking" message.

I can't access the screen you show above.  I can't view anything about the survey in Survey123.  I keep getting the error message. I only can view the tile.  Clicking on anything to go further prompts the error message.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Do you have this problem with other surveys?

If you take the XLSX for this survey and republish, does the issue persist?

Odd one, but... Does your survey have a Group using the table-list appearance and is the first thing in that group anything other than a select_one or select_multiple question? I think they may have patched this, but I could be wrong. This was causing a bug that messed up surveys not too long ago.

Failing all of that, could you please provide your XLSX so I can give this a test?

0 Kudos
CN3
by
Emerging Contributor

Hi abureaux!  Sorry I haven't had a chance to get back to this until today.  I greatly appreciate all your help!  I'm getting back into ArcGIS after being away for a time, so please bear with me.  I saw there was a software update and wondered if it could be the issue.

Okay, so I've been trying to figure out how to find the XLSX and republish.  Unless there is another way, I tried following these instructions:

To download your data using the Survey123 website, complete the following steps:

1. Open the Survey123 website. Sign in to your ArcGIS organizational account.
  2. Under the title for your survey, click the Data button.
  3. Choose the output format you want to use (CSV, Excel, KML, shapefile, or file geodatabase) and download your data.

I can't click on the Data button.  I get the same error "The survey is not accessible or does not exist."

No, my survey does not have any questions in a table-list appearance.  Another separate survey that I created the same day (before this survey started acting up) does have a couple questions in a table-list appearance.

Just for fun I tried to make a copy of the survey.  I received the CONT_0102: Info file for item not found error message.

I've tried changing browsers but have the same issue.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

If this is isolated to a single survey, it sounds like someone may have partially deleted it from your Portal and it has become an orphaned item.

If you still have this survey on your phone/PC's S123 Field App, you can grab the XLSX from there:

• PC. Typically located in C:\Users\<username>\ArcGIS\My Surveys\<survey ID code>\esriinfo
    I don't have any of my "Survey ID codes" memorized. When I am searching for something on my PC, I go as far as "My Surveys" and then use the search bar to locate my survey.
  • iPhone. Need to download and install iTunes to pull the files off.
  • Android. Don't know procedure off-hand. I believe it has changed from the last time I had an android device.

Once you have the XLSX, you can use Connect to create a new survey. Publish, and then use that going forward.

As for the orphaned services, they should be deleted (e.g.).

0 Kudos
KelliW
by
Occasional Contributor

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue right now.

0 Kudos
CN3
by
Emerging Contributor

No I never did. 😢  Right now my plan is to recreate the survey as I had made a backup BUT that doesn't help with accessing the data from the first survey.

0 Kudos