The feature service for this survey does not exist or is not accessible.

Jump to solution
01-12-2021 02:19 PM
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

permission.png

I can not find a help document for this error. This is from a survey on the web and it does not have an error if I open it while signed in to AGOL. But, when anyone else opens it they can not submit a survey. It is a public survey.

The form is shared publicly. When I submit a Complaints Form survey it is added to the Complaints Form feature layer. So, the feature service exists, but it's not shared publicly. How is it not accessible, as the error suggests?

box.png

26 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jared,

I haven't come across this behaviour before. There are some known issues around saving sharing if you've republished a survey with a lot of additional media files, but I understand this should prevent you from saving. 

Is there any chance that an admin is changing sharing settings for external content?

Does this happen for other surveys? 

Do you have a lot of media?

I'd recommend lodging a support ticket if you have not already as this appears to be a bit unusual. 
@Anonymous User any ideas on what would later toggle the Survey123 collaboration sharing settings?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I agree with your comments, it sounds as if someone else or an administrator has changed some of the sharing settings or permissions of the underlying feature service, form item or related views. If those changes are made in the AGO UI or another Esri app, it will cause the checkboxes in the Survey123 website to be differnet the next time the site is refreshed, as it reads them from the source items.

Regards,

Phil.

JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

Chris,
Not sure about your first question because I have an administrative role in AGOL. For that matter, it could have been me. As Phillip was saying, I was actually changing the sharing settings in the hosted feature layer when I was trying to correct the error. So, maybe it was me who reset the check boxes? Thanks for making me aware.

NKneisel
New Contributor II

Hi Guys,

I renamed my feature services in Field Maps, which broke my link to the data.

How do I go about fixing the link to that data again?

NKneisel_0-1617310430119.png

0 Kudos
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

@NKneiselIs it set to Everyone(Public) on the ArcGIS Survey123 webpage under Collaborate, and is the Hosted Feature Layer set to pubic?

0 Kudos
NKneisel
New Contributor II

Yes, 

Appears to be public. I changed the name of my feature service layers, and I don't know how to change it back to the original.  I do want to change the name, as the previous ones weren't correct.  

I was able to go back, re-name layers to originals from my sheet, then republished, which worked.

But, there has to be some way of re-naming these fields with _values_ so that they appear nicer in field maps, and other uses in AGOL with-out breaking the link to the surveys?

Also, I'm using a bunch of repeats turned into separate feature classes with this survey, so re-creating from the feature class would be a nightmare.

Is there a way to relink to the survey?  

NKneisel_0-1617313777503.png

NKneisel_0-1617311982149.png

NKneisel_1-1617312498306.png

0 Kudos
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

@NKneisel 

Sorry, I've never used Field Maps. Have you posted about it here? https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-field-maps-questions/bd-p/arcgis-field-maps-question

0 Kudos
NKneisel
New Contributor II

No,  but I will for the next steps.  I may have to go with single names for the repeats that have been turned into feature services with Geopoints.  While experimenting, I went with the SurveyName_RepeatType, and then wanted to take out the _, but of course, that breaks the link to the survey.

0 Kudos
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

@NKneisel 

Am I understanding correctly that you are dealing with _ (i.e. underscores) in the field values of your table that you would like removed?

0 Kudos
VanessaSimps
Occasional Contributor III

I am attempting to follow the instructions here to set my survey to be open to the public. but when I do, I get this error, 

VanessaSimps_1-1630094982929.png

Does anyone have an idea what this is and how I can fix it? I am not sure what is getting hung up on!

thank you in advance,

Vanessa

0 Kudos