The best to remember a question from the last survey?

09-13-2015 09:11 PM
PeterTimmers
Occasional Contributor III

If I was doing a door-to-door survey is there a way to remember questions from the last house?  e.g. street name?

Favourite answer is not a good workflow for us.

BTW impressive work.  I'm looking at it for damage assessments and I was able to take our schema, which had been stored in Excel, and make up a much better form than we're currently using in ArcGIS Mobile and Collector in about a hour, and that's with learning how to use the app.  I hope it gets productized. 

I'm going to get some of our field staff to test - especially calculated fields, images on choices, and constraints.

I hear we might be getting some improvement on dealing with photo size in Collector?  Is that within the API and is there a chance that will be passed on to Survey123?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
simoxu
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

It will be nice to have this function. but I can't find anything in it's XLSForm help.

Basically ESRI has bipolar app camps : Form-centric or map-centric. Survey123 is in the Form-centric camp, but sometimes it's really something in between is the solution, something "form-centric" in looking but "map-driven" (or you can call it Location Intelligence) under the hood.

for example, when I am standing in front a property to do the assessment, it should only prompt me the nearby properties to select (or fill out most of the address fields like street names), not asking me to type the address (typing the map is only optional rather than mandatory). then show me the survey questions.

Just a thought.

0 Kudos
PeterTimmers

We want to follow something along the lines of what you're doing with the pre-filled addresses (we used to do it in ArcPad years ago).  The trouble with that sometimes though is that whatever address data you're using it's never 100% accurate.  No matter who we use, we always have issues, especially in regional areas.

0 Kudos
HannahFerrier

Not sure if this will work exactly as you need it to, but after you have successfully sent a survey, you are able to open the sent survey, edit it and then send it as a new record. This would allow you to choose any of your previously filled-out surveys as the starting point for your new record.

Again, probably not ideal, but it is an available option in Survey123. Please keep in mind that using a pre-filled form may not be compatible with your form validation (e.g., required fields are already filled out).

https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/10968332/9970673/5f9c8c4a-5e0b-11e5-8dde-6bb69727eb4a.png