Table-List Question Text is Cut Off on Web Form in a Group

08-18-2020 06:32 AM
ElliottPlack1
New Contributor III

Ismael Chivite‌ I noticed what appears to be a bug in the web form. When a table-list is nested inside of a standard group (see exhibit 2), the question text is cut of due to an extra line break. This looks like a CSS issue on the web form side. Here are some visuals:

Exhibit 1: table-list without nested outer group

Here we have the table-list as the highest level group, the typical presentation. Everything looks good here.

Exhibit 2: table-list inside of another group

This is the error condition. Here we have the same exact group as exhibit 1 but inside of another group. The question text is cut off.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Elliott Plack‌, 

I had tested on my end and was unable to reproduce the same behavior. Is the behavior reproducible in all web browsers or just one? If you test in an incognito window is the same behavior observed? 

On the settings tab for the survey what does it say for the web app version? Is the survey form using 3.10? 

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
LeilaJackson1
Occasional Contributor III

I am having the same issue. I have 2 sections of table-list questions in my survey. When I view the survey in Survey123 Connect on my desktop it looks fine (see below). I have the survey imbedded in a dashboard and the table-list questions are not all fully visible. This occurs in Chrome, Firefox and Chrome Incognito, and when I open the form directly in AGO. It appears that it is adding a space/row in front of a couple of questions, but I have confirmed that does not exist, and have deleted the question and pasted in text from notepad, but that did not resolve the problem.

Within Survey123 Connect on my desktop

LeilaJackson1_0-1636033816923.png

Within my dashboard in Chrome

LeilaJackson1_1-1636033855677.png

Form opened in AGO

LeilaJackson1_2-1636033978689.png

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

Leila

IzabelaAquino
New Contributor

I am having the same problem with some forms, it happens like in the figures of the original post and the one attached.

Anyone has any tip on how to get it fixed?

Thank you all!

Izabela

Thank you

AdamC1
by
New Contributor

Have you found a solution for this? I am having the same issue with webforms.

Cheers

0 Kudos
IzabelaAquino
New Contributor

Unfortunately I did not find out a way to fix it, I had to work with the problem for now since the client's request had a timeline and they accepted it as it was. 

I was working with nested groups because the questions depended on previous answers, so the was no way I could avoid the problem.

I hope you have better luck and can fix the problem, and if so, return it to me please 🙂

Cheers