Surveys stuck in outbox but data is added to feature layer

09-29-2020 04:15 PM
MattCreaney
Occasional Contributor

I have just set up a survey that populates the top layer of my feature service and another related layer as a repeat.  The form published correctly.  I can complete the survey in the field app and when sending it fails, with the message:

Send Error: Surveys not sent: 1

In the diagnostics log I see:

}
<10>1 2020-09-29T01:36:46Z Matthews-iPhone ArcGISSurvey123 2966 - [AppStudio@11205 category="PortalRequest" function="onFailed" filename="PortalRequest.qml" line="104"] PortalRequest: PortalRequest failed url: https://services9.arcgis.com/wDoFl3ygA943YPvG/arcgis/rest/services/Production_database/FeatureServer/applyEdits error: {
"code": 400,
"details": [
"Unable to apply edits."
],
"message": ""
}
<15>1 2020-09-29T01:36:46Z Matthews-iPhone ArcGISSurvey123 2966 - [AppStudio@11205 category="XFormFeatureService" function="onFailed" filename="XFormFeatureService.qml" line="771"] XFormFeatureService: applyEdits error: {
"error": {
"Unable to apply edits."
],
}
}
<15>1 2020-09-29T01:36:46Z Matthews-iPhone ArcGISSurvey123 2966 - [AppStudio@11205 category="qml" function="onFailed" filename="SurveyFolderPageOutbox.qml" line="378"] qml: Feature service error: {
"Unable to apply edits."
],
}

In the feature layer the data is added to the tables correctly. I'm not sure what the issue is or how to fix.  Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Matt,

What version of Survey123 Connect and Survey123 field app?

Can you provide the XLSForm?

Are we creating the service on publish or against an existing feature service?

Cheers,

Chris

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also when did the issue start occuring? ArcGIS Online is currently under maintenance so we may see minimal disruption
ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard 

0 Kudos
MattCreaney
Occasional Contributor

Hi Chris,

Issue has been occurring since survey was created in the last 48 hours.

Survey123 Connect version 3.7.62

Survey123 Field App version 3.10.326

The survey is published against an existing feature service.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can we try upgrading to the latest version of Survey123 Connect and re-publishing?

It's generally recommended to use the latest version where possible. Might explain some unexpected behaviour, especially if we're drawing on functionality released in later versions.

At a glance only other item I can see is the inclusion of special characters in the Choices name list. My understanding is we shouldn't have special characters here, so it could be coming into effect with the application of edits. Not sure though, haven't seen similar issues as a result:
XLSForm essentials—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation 

0 Kudos
MattCreaney
Occasional Contributor

OK - I did that and re-published.  Weirdly when I uninstalled the version I was using, the new version was also already installed.

Looking at the special characters - I've used these on multiple occasions in multiple surveys, never noticed an issue.  Not sure what the story is there.

I created a new survey and had the same result, said it wouldn't send but it was added to the table.

0 Kudos