Select to view content in your preferred language

Surveys Disappear/Missing Surveys

Jump to solution
10-23-2018 06:09 AM
DanaThompson1
New Contributor III

Over the past couple of days I've had a recurring issue with Survey123 . When I open Survey123 Connect, surveys that I haven't published aren't loading under the My Survey Designs page--whether I'm signed in to AGOL, my Enterprise or Signed Out altogether. If I create a new survey and back out without publishing, it disappears. I can see them in my My Survey Designs Folder on my computer (see below), but have no way to open the form. (Also, many of my surveys have been reassigned a strange Global-ID kind of code in the folder). Can anyone help? Editing fields and testing on my local machine is crucial and I would prefer not to publish prematurely.

11 Replies
DanaThompson1
New Contributor III

That did the trick, thank you!

JessicaJThompson
Occasional Contributor II

Hello @JamesTedrick 

I just had what I think @DanaThompson1 Described. I had about 15 surveys in My Survey Designs, 8 of which are published and I can download to recover. The others were built/prepped/formatted in Survey123 Connect (3.11.123) to publish today and next week. They all just disappeared... We (Me and one of our IT personnel) searched my computer for the files (to see if I somehow moved/deleted). They are all just gone! I have tried the steps you state above with no luck.

~~

1) Open Survey123 Connect

2) Click the gear icon in the lower left (Settings page)

3) Select 'Diagnostics'

4) Enable logging and then open the file folder

5) Exit the Settings page 

6) Click in the list of Surveys and drag down to refresh the survey list?

One way to solve this is to close Survey123 Connect, rename the 'My Survey Designs' folder and then open Survey123 Connect.  This will create a new folder that you can then copy your survey folders into.  The folders with the GUID-type names are ones that have been downloaded from your ArcGIS Online/ArcGIS Enterprise account.

~~~

My co worker said this happened to her once about a year ago. Also, My IT person is wondering if there is a way to have Survey123 Map to a different folder. Is there a way to prevent this in the future? Trying not to get discouraged about losing a few weeks worth of work. 

Thank you for the help!

Cheers,

Jessica

0 Kudos