I am wondering if it is possible to have data collected in Survey123 write back to the enterprise geodatabase using the following workflow:
1. Publish feature service with server federated for Portal
2. Copy service over to AGOL and share this with the necessary group
3. Collect data using Survey123 and have completed surveys sent to AGOL service.
4. Have this service write back to Portal and the enterprise geodatabase
This is where the issue is occurring. The new surveys appear in the AGOL service but don't write back from there.
An alternative would be to skip publishing to Portal and publish directly to AGOL but the data still needs to find its way into the enterprise geodatabase.
1) Survey123 can work directly with the federated service published- see Use Survey123 with existing feature services—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS
2) Instead of creating a copy in ArcGIS Online, you could register the service using the workflow documented at connect to nonfederated ArcGIS Server services
3) For the current setup you have, we have provided an example - see Migrating data from the Survey Feature Service to an Enterprise Geodatabase
Thank you for pointing me to different solutions. Your first and third suggestion have been helpful but haven’t quite fully solved my problem. The issue I’m having with the first solution is that it won’t let photos be added to the existing data during a survey. I tried creating a repeat but apparently couldn’t set that up correctly either even though the child layer is using a GUID. I then tried the third solution but am having trouble I guess formatting the data to work with the script. I receive the following error.
Any advice as to where to go from here?
Yes, attachments are enabled, and I can add an attachment to a new survey. When attempting to edit an existing feature through the inbox or editing a survey that has already been sent, the ability to add an attachment is lost.