survey123 won't publish survey with tpks in the media folder

08-18-2017 07:15 AM
ColleenLippert1
New Contributor II

Not sure if this question has come up before, but I haven’t been able to find an answer yet. I’ve created 9 different tile packages, each covering a small district area in NC. Whenever I try to publish my survey with these tile packages in the media folder as suggested in this post: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/01/31/taking-your-maps-offline-with-tile-packa... the survey never publishes. It just hangs on “creating form item” and never actually completes the publishing. I’ve successfully published the survey without anything in the media folder, so I know the tpk files must be causing the issue. I’m trying to allow offline use with my survey, does anyone have any ideas around this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ColleenLippert1
New Contributor II

I was able to figure out a workaround to this issue. I referenced Prepare basemaps for offline use—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS to take my survey offline.

ChrisMcLean2
New Contributor III

Hi there,

I also had the exact same issue... I found a solution so thought I would post it here. 

1.  I first published the survey without the TPK in the "media" folder of the survey (Survey123 Connect). The survey published without issue..
  2. Then I added the TPK file to the media folder and re-published the survey... this seemed to solve the problem. 

Side Note:

A little trick that I picked up while trying to solve the issue, is that if you're using Collector and Survey123 in the same location then you can point Survey123 to the Collector TPK folder (on the device settings) and use one tile package for both Survey123 and Collector... 

0 Kudos