Survey123 won't connect

06-14-2021 03:40 PM
VanessaSimps
Occasional Contributor III

I made some adjustments to my Survey123 Connect excel file and am trying to save these changes. The document saves, but I get the following error message in Survey123 Connect:

Error Report Details

Status code: 0

Operating system: windows

Application version: 3.11.123

Framework version: 4.3.193

Does anyone know why this would be happening and how to get the changes to update?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @VanessaSimps ,

This normally indicates a networking error with Survey123 Connect; this can occur in a scenario such as connecting/disconnecting a VPN.  Restarting Survey123 Connect should address the issue.

0 Kudos
VanessaSimps

Thanks for the quick response. However, that doesn't seem to be helping. I uninstalled and installed the newest version of the software and tried again.

VanessaSimps_0-1623774636615.png

I am still getting the same error message.

I also attempted to add a New Survey and import that excel file in as a new survey. But I am getting the spinning wheel of death...

VanessaSimps_1-1623774813689.png

I am wondering if our Sophos software is blocking this somehow? 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @VanessaSimps ,

You may be correct that software like Sophos may be blocking the request.  You will need to contact your IT department and have them approve Survey123 Connect contacting https://survey123.arcgis.com for Survey123 Connect to work.  Survey123 Connect utilizes API resources at that website to transform the form XLSX file into other formats (an XML format and a JSON format) that are used by the Survey123 field and web apps, respectively.

0 Kudos
VanessaSimps

I finally figured out what was going on... I had the incorrect REST API URL in the settings and my Survey123 Connect shortcut was somehow still opening up an older version of the application. Once I got those two things squared away, I was back in business. thanks again for the quick response out here!

0 Kudos