Survey123 within Operation Dashboard - Enterprise

Jump to solution
02-23-2021 06:14 AM
DaveK
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello! 

I'm trying to create an Operations Dashboard that will contain an embedded survey and a list. The goal of this dashboard is to enable backend users the ability to edit surveys once they have been submitted. The list allows users to select specific survey123 records to be edited. Following this ESRI article 

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000021897

I was able to complete this successfully within ArcGIS Online. I am now trying to accomplish this within our organizations Enterprise Portal with no luck. When setting up the survey within the dashboard and editing the URL to work, it seems to throw an error in the survey. I'm wondering if this functionality is not available within Portal as of yet? Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It is definitely possible in Portal, and something we use here on a daily basis. When you're referencing a form hosted on your Portal, you need to add the portalUrl parameter to your embedded content address.

//survey123.arcgis.com/share/your-survey-itemID?portalUrl=your-portal-url&mode=edit&globalId={globalid}

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It is definitely possible in Portal, and something we use here on a daily basis. When you're referencing a form hosted on your Portal, you need to add the portalUrl parameter to your embedded content address.

//survey123.arcgis.com/share/your-survey-itemID?portalUrl=your-portal-url&mode=edit&globalId={globalid}

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
DevlinHutchins
New Contributor III

Hello! This is working but I cannot edit the data because it is giving me the error "Editing is not possible because the objectId parameter was not provided." Is this something that is configured in the URL, I thought the filter of the list would provide that. Any guidance is much appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
DaveK
by
Occasional Contributor

This worked perfectly. Thanks @jcarlson