Survey123 - Where does iPhone store the photos taken on the device?

Jump to solution
05-08-2020 09:48 AM
MelissaBoffa1
New Contributor

In Survey123, with collecting images, there is the option to take a photo from the device or choose one from a folder. Android holds the photos taken within Survey123 in the photos folder on the device. Where is the iPhone storing the photos? I am using an iPhone 7 and iPhone 10. It has to be holding the photos somewhere like the Android holds photos. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi Melissa,

The photos taken within the app are stored in ~/Apps/Survey123/Documents/ArcGIS/My Survey Attachments. You will need to use file browsing software to access the location directly on iOS (eg iMazing).

Brett

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi Melissa,

The photos taken within the app are stored in ~/Apps/Survey123/Documents/ArcGIS/My Survey Attachments. You will need to use file browsing software to access the location directly on iOS (eg iMazing).

Brett

0 Kudos
JakubSisak
Occasional Contributor III

It would be great if ESRI added an option to also store photos in the Photos app where they are easy to retreive. 

LaurenMay
New Contributor

I have an iPhone 12. I find that I can download photos saved in Survey123 by going to the "Files" app that came installed on the phone, selecting Survey123 > ArcGIS > My Survey Attachments > ... > Select

From there, you can Select All or group images by date and select the ones you want. Next, tap the "Share" icon and choose"save x images" (x is the number of images you selected). By this route, they are saved with your other photos by default, but there are other options available from the share menu.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
LMedeirosUI
Occasional Contributor

Is there a setting you have to change to make this happen? I cannot find photos taken within the app on my tablet. I have tried looking in the Photos folder and using a file browsing app when connected to a computer so that I can search the Data folder. When in the Android>data>com.esri.survey123>files>ArcGIS>My Survey Attachments folder I do see pictures that I had to manually append to the data (due to how it is collected I have to upload the photos to the tablet and then attach the photos using the Inbox editing feature), but no photos I took when using the camera button within the S123 app.

Am I missing a setting or has something changed?

Thanks, Lea