Survey123 Website - Print Current Response Issue with Attachments

02-06-2017 09:19 PM
PhilipWilson-GIS
New Contributor III

Hi there,

There is an issue with the Survey123 Website when using the Print Current Response function especially when the feature service has related tables and photo questions within the repeats. Photo attachment labels are not displaying correctly in the preview, and then in the PDF that is produced many of the photos are not even being added to the report (they are missing under each related/repeat table record).

See attached screenshots of missing or incorrectly labelled photos.

Attachment 1 = AGOL Webmap – Show Data table – select a record from related/repeat table and then show attachments. Correct number of attachments and correct photo labels displayed.

Attachment 2 – Survey123 Website – Print Response Preview – the 3 photo attachments from above are shown in the preview, they are the correct photos, however the labels are not correct. The labels shown match the labels of the photos from the main table attachment questions.

Attachment 3 – Printed PDF from Print Response button – the 3 photos from attachment 1 are not shown in the PDF as they should be after the last question from that repeat record, before the next record starts. These photos cannot be found anywhere in report.

Note that some photos and attachments do work in the report for some of the image questions, others do not, seems to be hit and miss, the more photo questions and related tables with attachments, the more photos and labels that are mixed up or missing.

Also attached is our current Survey123 excel file so you can replicate.

Cheers,

Phil.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlanLX
by
New Contributor II

Hi!

No answer to this issue? I'm facing the same problem. I had to attach some pictures to my report, and I'd like now them to show into the exported report. I only managed to display one of them by using ${attachment |size:250:0}. Any idea of how I could adapt this?

Thanks!

Quentin.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

It appears that your situation is different from the one described above - the one above concerned the Individual Response view and pre-dated the Feature Report functionality.  Can you expand on your issue?  Were the attachments added via Survey123 or another application?

0 Kudos
AlanLX
by
New Contributor II

Ok sorry then, I wasn't sure if Philip was dealing with the same issue.

So, to explain my problem :

I created a first inquiry few month ago into "Survey123 Connect", in which the users had to fill informations and to attach 2-3 pictures (type "image" in xlsform).

The thing is that I had to make an upgrade of the inquiry and to add some fields, but it appeared that I lost all of my attached images.

Fortunately, I had a copy of those pictures, so I just needed to edit the previous features and to attach them. I didn't find any way to edit images in existing features via Survey123 (mobille app or survey123.com), so I decided to proceed by using Arcgis Online. The thing in proceeding that way is that in Survey123, my pictures doesn't appeared as "Photo1", "Photo2" and "Photo3" anymore, but as "Attachments" (see Annex 1). Only new encoding , as shown in Annex 2, acts correctly.

It's not a huge problem as I can consult the pictures anyway by Survey123.com. The issue is that I can't find a correct way to insert the attachments into a report. I saw a few discussions about this, but I never managed to find a correct way to export correctly all the attachments into the report generated (Annex3), but only get one of them.

I'm not sure I'm getting clear enough?

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Quentin.

Annex1Annex2Annex3

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Quentin,

The Survey123 Print Individual Response and Feature Reports (Beta) use keywords for image attachments to associate them with the correct question in the survey. When collecting a survey via the field app or web app, the keywords are applied before being uploaded to AGO. When printed, the images can then be displayed in the correct position in the the report.

In you case, if you upload attachments via AGO data view or web map or another method without keywords, the images will only be associated to the feature and not a specific question in the feature. More info here: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/browser/analyze-results/knownissuesanalyzeresults.htm#anchor4

Other Survey123 users have used Python to upload attachments with keywords: https://community.esri.com/thread/211727-is-there-a-easy-way-to-update-the-keyword-associated-with-a...

Phil.

0 Kudos
AlanLX
by
New Contributor II

Thanks Philip!

And do you know a way I could avoid using Python, by example by editing my existing features and directly add the attachment in the image section desired?

Tanks in advance,

Quentin.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Quentin,

No there is no other easy way that I know of if the attachments have already been added to the features without keywords. As mentioned the field app and web app will apply the keywords by default, but not other apps, web map popups or custom web apps will apply the keywords required to associated attachments in the related attachments table to a direct question in the feature layer.

Phil.

0 Kudos
AlanLX
by
New Contributor II

Thanks.

But I meant by this question that you can go in the sendbox in Survey123 app, and there you can edit the answers. The only thing you can't edit are the images. So, considering I havn't attached any documents yet via Arcgis Collector, can't I edit my features and add the attachment at the "right place"? If not, it would be an interesting update to work on, in my opinion.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your answers!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Quentin,

Yes, editing attachments via the Inbox or Sent box is high on our priorities to support in the future, this is an often requested enhancement. Even though you may not have any attachments added in the first place, t is still regarded as an edit if you open via Inbox or Sent, as you are actually editing the parent feature and then adding the attachments to it as part of an edit event, which is different to creating a new survey and adding attachments which is an add event.

You can use repeats (related tables) in your survey if you want to add new attachments to existing surveys via the Inbox or Sent box. As adding a new repeat record with attachments is considered an add to the repeat, not an edit to the parent feature.

Phil.

0 Kudos