Survey123, Webmap, Operations Dashboard and organizational ownership

01-24-2020 03:11 PM
LorettaWinton1
New Contributor III

Hello,

I made a survey, webmap, and operations dashboard of our team's data. We wanted to be able to share that with our stakeholders on the web. However, our organization requires me to give ownership to our GIS administrators in order to make things available to the public. I did not want to lose access to all our data and so they made copies and then took over ownership. Unfortunately that required the copied dashboard to be rebuilt. That is unfortunate but not a deal breaker. We have two existing problems we help with.

1)  The photos taken within each survey record did not copy over.  eg. if you click on a point one or more photos should be at the bottom of the popup. Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS 

2) Since it is a copy, new records no longer populate the dashboard. Is there a way to populate two feature layers? I tried to build it on the _stakeholder version, but that too required the parent feature to be "changed ownership".

Thanks!

Lori

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Lori. To ensure all attachments from your feature service are carried over I suggest you download your data from the original feature service in FileGeodatabase format. Then, you can publish that FileGeodatabase into a new feature service (and you will have all the attachments).  I am guessing that the easiest for you is to grant your GIS administrator access to your feature service and have that GIS administrator take responsibility from regularly copying the data into the new feature service: Download data into FGDB, Remove data from target layer, Append data from downloaded FGDB...  It is likely that folks in the ArcGIS Online‌ group could come up with smarter ways to go about this. 

0 Kudos